BTAA FHT IHHT IHBT
My name is Carrie Michael and I have been a practicing complementary therapist for over 16 years. I have an extensive experience of treating people with a wide range of conditions.
My main objective is to make each person feel cared for and understood and comfortable with the holistic approach to healing. I am not just concerned with the presenting condition but all conditions and address each person as a whole, mind, body, emotions and spirit. Having completed such a comprehensive range of therapies I can tailor the treatment specifically to the individual needs.
As well as providing private treatments at home I also work at our local MS Centre providing treatments to people with MS and other neurological conditions. I also volunteer at our local Hospice in Swindon, providing therapies to people undergoing end of life care within the day hospice and the inpatient unit.
Qualifications and Insurances
• IHHT Diploma in Holistic Therapy (including Swedish and aromatherapy Massage, Indian head massage and reflexology) – with Swindon College
• BTAA Diploma in Bowen Therapy – with the Bowen Association UK and Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia
• Working with bad backs certificate – BTAA
• Sports Bowen workshop – BTAA
• IHBT Diploma in Beauty Therapy (including manicures, pedicures and facials) Swindon College
• First and second degree reiki – Marlborough School of reiki
• Certificate in Ear Candling – Holistic Training Centre
• Diploma in Crystal Therapy – Vantol College
• Certificate in No Hands Massage – Gerry Pyves (No Hands Association)
• Diploma in Diet and Nutrition for Complementary Therapists – ITEC
• Diploma in Health Kinesiology – Health Kinesiology UK
• Practitioner Assessment Skills Modules 1 and 2
• Bowen Hormone Release Therapy
• Bowen TMJ Modules 1 and 2
• Certificate in Acupressure Facial Massage
• Registered member of the Federation of Holistic Therapist (FHT)
• Registered member of the Bowen Association
• Public Liability and Malpractice Insurance with FHT